Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Barney (and Laura's) first post

OK, Barney, let me type now.

Set up the Gmail account -in other words - task one. Barney didn't really help, he's just a puppet! Making the blog - task 2 of course, was fun though, using him for inspiration. I read other people's blogs fairly frequently, so now here's my chance.

Why am I doing this? I do use various techologies mostly internet based at home, but I definately get stuck in a rut and I am very pleased to have a chance to learn and keep up and try new things. The applications for all the tasks will tie in nicely with young readers in particular and customer service in general. I also want to keep up with what the teens are up to.

I guess if this is a bookariffic blog, I should mention a book or a couple of books. I am reading The Unruly Queen about Queen Caroline, George IV's wife. Uh, let's just say she seems to have led an interesting life! Also am re-reading Triumph of Justice by Daniel Petrocelli and am reading Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder w/ my son. Who happens to be sick today. Which means I couldn't do my Valentines Day storytime! Thanks to Ali and Emily for covering for me!

No comments: